Send Topic Print
Forum Spammers (Read 2778 times)
Allan
Protector Bear

Help is on the way!

Georgia
Forum Spammers
Nov 6th, 2011 at 6:51pm

Ok, so I know this forum is not as active as it once was.  I am hoping everyone is doing OK.  I'm sure those who have come here recently have noticed some spammers putting in weird messages with links / advertisements, at the bottom of their posts.  I was getting sick of seeing them, so I've written some new code to hopefully keep them out.

I did my best to sanitize what had already made it through, but if you see any advertisement posts that I missed, let me know and I'll clean it up.

Thanks,

Allan

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: Forum Spammers
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:54pm

Allan...
You are such an angel! Thank you so much. After your recent fix of the situation, I thought it was helping. Did it start back up again?
There are a few of us who check in sporadically. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that a few are doing quite well....thus the silence. In some ways it is hard....as it seems like a ghost town here...but in so many other ways it is awesome! I just am glad that BTI is still here....for those who might come across it and find solace here Smiley

I hope you are doing well. I have your Birthday Card (a month late!), and I still need to get that out to you Sad Did you get the other card I sent your way? I've been thinking about you a lot. Send me your phone number via email, if you can. I've wanted to call you....and didn't have it (which I thought I did)....

Thanks, again, for all you do. You are appreciated, and I know this place means something to people. Don't let the silence fool you Smiley

Smiles,
Terra

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Allan
Protector Bear

Help is on the way!

Georgia
Re: Forum Spammers
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:22am

Hey there Smiley  Yeah, that last fix kept some of them out, but this new one is working a lot better.  I'll send you an e-mail soon.

Allan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage