Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Support Groups via phone; none in my area in perso (Read 2191 times)
Dauphne
Baby Bear

Bearing Through It!

Support Groups via phone; none in my area in perso
Aug 2nd, 2011 at 10:58am

Does anyone know about phone support group meetings for surviors? I can't believe there are no support groups in my area, but there are none. I live in Huntsville AL in the 3rd largest city in the state - sad. I have a great counselor, but I feel a strong need to connect to women who have been through what I have and are currently healing. Please help! Everytime in the past I try to get through the pain on my own, the flashbacks are too much for me and I give up.

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: Support Groups via phone; none in my area in perso
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2011 at 9:03pm

Hi Dauphne!
I do not know of any support groups through the phone. I am not sure why that is. I haven't really thought about that as a possibility. There could be some phone resources out there. I know that there are hotlines listed for your area (or should be). Google sexual assault survivor hotline, and there is probably either a local number or national....
I would also suggest starting a web support group to try and connect....or trying to connect to some of the people here. I know the site here has been pretty quiet. Most of the members have found peace in their lives, and therefor only check in on occassion. I willl let them know that there was a post to check out.
We want to help in whatever way we can. I admire the fact that you realize you cannot get past the pain on your own, and that you need understanding and support. It is definitely out there, and it is here....I just need to rally up some members Smiley
Also....for flashbacks, check out the information that I have listed on flashbacks and how to deal with them. They are incredibly frightening, and you feel so alone. The information listed was so helpful for me in dealing with flashbacks, and in healing. I still use a lot of the techniques I learned through the information today....in difficult situations. I should probably revisit the info Smiley

Know that you are not alone....there are many people out there that would like to support you through this....and we are one place you can come to....

Please keep us posted, and know that I am thinking of you and hoping that you will find the peace, strength, and support you need to endure the journey. You can definitely do it! Smiley

Sincerely,
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage