Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oprah on Thursday (10/15) (Read 3057 times)
Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Oprah on Thursday (10/15)
Oct 17th, 2009 at 12:18pm

Did anyone see this Oprah...it was a really good one. I wish that I could get copies of it and send it to Pastors/churches, teachers, etc. everywhere.

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Re: Oprah on Thursday (10/15)
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 6:16pm

Was it the one about incest?  I saw the first interview with Mackenzie Philips.  I tape Oprah everyday and only watch the ones that I'm interested in.  When I went to watch this one, it was the only show that wasn't taped that day.  And I had plenty of room on my DVR.  I was bummed.  I did read everything online and watched some of it on youtube.  I thought about writing in to the show after Mackenzie was on.  Because they were looking for people.  But I really am not ready to let my family know ~ much less the whole world.  I think everybody was very brave to share.

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: Oprah on Thursday (10/15)
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 4:59pm

Hey Mandi!

Sorry to be so late!
Yes, it was on incest. It was a show in which a viewer who had seen the McKenzie Phillips airing gained the courage to write in and say 'that's me....that's me!'. I hadn't seen the first show, but this one was definitely amazing.
Mandi...whether you realize it or not...I think you are incredibly brave and courageous Wink I admire you very much. I think sometimes we are called to speak out in different ways on the subject of abuse and incest....and you have done exactly that. Don't sell yourself short in what you have done, what you have accomplished, and the great contributions you have given for other survivors/thrivers everywhere. You are a hero to many...I know Smiley

Journeying,
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage