Send Topic Print
How are you? (Read 4631 times)
Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
How are you?
Jul 7th, 2008 at 8:53am

Hey everybody! 

I sure miss you guys!  I hope everybody is doing well and enjoying the summer.  I haven't been doing anything special.  And probably won't during the summer.  Since I started a new job, I'm not able to take off for vacation yet.  We will go somewhere in March for spring break.  My son will be a senior this year.  So I will definitely be spending as much time as possible with him.   Not much happening here.  I'm still trying to fit back into the real world after rehab.  I actually want to go back.  I miss the community and the support.  It was a pretty cool experience.  Even though it was also hard.  I am going to EA(emotions anonymous) meetings every Sunday.  Yesterday was my second group meeting.  I'm not sure it's totally for me.  But I'm gonna keep going to try and figure it out.  I just really needed support yesterday.  We just found out on Friday that my mother in law has inoperable lung cancer.  She has had a form of Leukemia.  But has been symptom free for a while.  Right before her 50th wedding anniversary party, she got pneumonia.  That's when they found the tumor.  It's 5 x 3 cm and is spreading fast.  We don't know the prognosis yet.  We will find out more this week.  We went to visit her on Saturday.  She is pretty sick ~ and I don't expect her to last very long.  It's so sad.  She has been my mentor, angel, biggest supporter.  I can't imagine my life without her in it.  I am way closer to her than I am to my mom.  I know that you can relate to this Revenna ~ since you just lost your mother in law.  I plan on helping her full time when they are ready for the care that is needed.  I don't really care about my job.  They will either hold it or let me go.  My time with her is more important.  Other than that ~ there isn't really any news.  I'm just hanging on as usual.  I am checking in to see if anybody is here.  And I post when I can.  So I hope nobody feels abandoned.  Take care and have a wonderful summer!

Big hugs,
Mandi Cheesy

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: How are you?
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 1:36pm

Mandi,

It's always good to hear from you!  I've done a terrible job of posting this summer.  Our schedule has been so strange.  Every day is different.

I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law.  That's so sad.  I know she means a lot to you and I'm glad you've had such great support from her over the years.  It's been strange without my mother-in-law around.  I still don't think it's sunk in that she is gone.  But I am glad she is free of pain and suffering.  Because she was so sick, it made it easier for us to let her go.  I will be thinking of your family during this difficult time.

I've never heard of emotions anonymous, but I'm glad there is such a group.  And I hope it can help you.

For our vacation this year, we just took a few daytrips.  My husband had just driven halfway across the country twice for his mom's funeral and the sale of her household goods and auction, so we decided we needed to conserve on gas if we could!  Our state here is beautiful in June -- rolling and green.  So it made for a very pretty vacation.  Maybe next year we'll go farther.

Right after our vacation, our car died.  Literally.  It had over 200,000 miles on it, so it wasn't unexpected.  I'm so grateful it didn't quit along a roadside.  I hate waiting for tow trucks!  Two days later we found a vehicle in our price range with good mileage.  I am thrilled!  I get tired of having to count every penny with this fuel crunch (and food, too).  So it was good to have some good financial news.

How is everyone else doing with these high fuel and food prices?

I hope everyone is doing well.  If you can, please let us hear from you.

Rev

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:23pm

Hey Mandi!

I am very sad to hear about your mother in law. That is aweful. Do know that I am thinking of you and the family, and praying for a miracle.

How is your job going? Are you enjoying it?
What size clothes are you disappointed that you 'can't fit into'? If they are an unreasonably small size, I'd burn them Smiley Of course, to me...anything under a size 8/10 is unreasonably small Smiley
Please be careful and take care of you...and know that I think you are an amazing and beautiful person no matter what size/shape you are Smiley
What is EA? What issues do they address, etc.? My ears perked up when I read that there was such a group!

Hello to Rev!
I am glad that your car didn't give out in the middle of the country somewhere...and that the passing of the vehicle enabled you to get a new car! Cool! I would so like a new car, and new carpet, new paint in the house, etc...etc. Alas, it is going to be awhile before that ever happens Smiley I am thankful, though, that I have a house and a car that suit me and provide for me.
Gas prices here are 4.21. I haven't paid much attention to food prices. I do, however, look forward to picking vegetables out of the garden....does anyone else have a garden growing? I seem to do well with vegetables, but my luck with flowers, fruits, and tress are another subject all together. Someday I might figure it out Smiley

I hope everyone is well...keep in touch. I do check in to see if anyone is here Smiley Just in case I'm not the only one who hasn't gone to Disney World this year Smiley ha ha ha!

Love,
Terra

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:23pm

Good grief! How many smileys was that?!!!  Grin

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Ginee
Share Bear

Wisdom is nothing more
than healed pain

Louisiana
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:18am

Hello Mandi and all!

I am so sorry to hear that about your mother-in-law. I know how special she has been to you. I'm sure she will be comforted knowing that you will be there to help her as she needs. I can't believe your son is already gonna be a senior! My daughter is now only 2 inches shorter than me. She is so excited because she is already the same height as my "big" sister.

We have had a pretty nice summer so far but it's going by too fast. I started a new job a few weeks ago so I could work closer to home and cut out the 65 mile commute. I'm sure the gas prices are hurting us all! I'm trying my hand at ICU nursing but occasionally ~ like today~ I will pick up a few hours at my old job to satisfy the ER-adrenaline junkie in me.  Grin I just rejoined the gym so I'm working on fitting my butt back in some of my tighter close; but I did throw out a few particularly tiny pairs of jeans out in a fit of anger. Getting back to the gym really helps my stress level too.

We went to the mountains a few weeks ago and did lots of hiking and white water rafting. Our Golden Retriever came too! Luckily my fiance is as crazy as I am when it comes to the dog. We went to the beach last summer for a week and spent half the trip talking about how much we missed him and wondering if we should go back early. So we drove 12 hours in my new vehicle with 4 adults, my 10 year old, and a 75 pound puppy (most of the trip with him on my lap)! I would like to get to the beach this year but don't know if I can get the time off or afford the gas.

I'll try to make it back here more often. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you go. ~Dr. Seuss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage