Send Topic Print
Strange summer (Read 4254 times)
revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Strange summer
Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:38am

Hello, everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much.  Our schedule this summer has been so crazy.  My husband left home as soon as school was out to travel back to Ohio.  He and his brothers have been settling their parents' estate, emptying out the farmhouse, having an auction, signing lots of papers, hauling lots of trash.  Hopefully, he will be heading back this way soon.

I don't know about you, but I am one of those people who doesn't handle schedule changes very well.  Maybe it's the aging process!  At any rate, I can't seem to get much done.  On top of that, my dog has been sick.  And I always fall apart when my dog is sick.  Molly seems better this morning, so I am hoping she is mending.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know what I've been doing and to let you know I think about everyone here every day.  You are always on my mind and in my heart.

What have the rest of you been doing?  Any special plans for this summer?

Rev

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: Strange summer
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 2:29pm

Hey Rev!

Thanks for checking in and filling us (me) in with your summer life. I completely understand the difficulties with schedule changes. I used to struggle greatly with changes, and I have had to experience so many that I have become fairly 'used' to them. Can't say that I enjoy them, but I am able to handle them.

My summer.
Well, we are taking the kids to therapy (about an hour and a half away) once a week. The school offered to help with the gas expense so that Simon could get therapy. It has been helpful. So, we do that on Wednesdays. It will go through the month of June and month of August. We are unsure as to whether or not it will happen in July or not.

Brian was gone this week for work, and comes back today. I am trying to decide what to do for dinner that would be yummy and special...and that I have energy for (should I go to the store with the kids? hmmm).
Leah and I both got strep...and it hit fast on Friday night. So, I am currently feeling 'blaa' from that.

The kids participated in a Qigong study to see how it would help with autism behaviors. We traveled last week to the exit interview (in Baker City...about an hour away). It went well, and I do feel that it the Qigong has helped...and we were able to be paired with a wonderful therapist who has been great support.

This last week I've gotten Simon out of his pullups. Usually potty training happens around 6 1/2 average for autistic kids. For Simon it just wasn't happening. But, this week he has done wonderfully and I actually have been thinking we have underestimated him. He has had dry nights all week, and no accidents in the last couple of days.
Yea!

The rest of the summer:
July we will be going to spend time with Brian's family on a camping trip for a week. We will also be doing VBS at church for a week (I think the week we come back).
August will find Brian gone for another week for work, and the kids will start school towards the end of August. I might make another trip to visit family...if time and money (gas) allow for it.

Other summer happenings:
gardening and trying to keep things growing...or get them to grow (I have a hard time in my area of the world with flowers and trees...tomatoes do great though), entertaining the children, working my 20 hours a week, keeping up with church things (I need to plan a women's ministry day...I'm wanting to do a day of self defense...any thoughts?), and the other odds and ends that life throws our way.

Rev,
I am sorry to hear about your dog. I hope that she is doing better. Keep me posted. It is hard to see a pet who isn't feeling well...it's just like a child being sick Sad

Through all that is going on, I do hope your summer is beautiful and bring some good memories for you. Be sure to take lots of pictures of the beauty that summer brings! Leah's been taking over my camera lately Smiley

Journeying,
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 8:34am

Hey Rev and Ty (and everybody)!

Sorry to hear about your dog Rev!!  Is he better now?  I hope so.  They are very much like kids in every way.  I get very upset when my animals are sick as well.  Is your hubby home yet?  I hate change as well.  Not good.  I hope you are doing a little better this week.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Ty ~ so good to hear from you.  It's good to hear that the therapy is working for Leah.  AND YAY about Simon and potty training.  My kids were BOTH 3 when they potty trained.  I don't know why it took them so long.  They were both so smart in every other way.  Maybe because my daughter has bipolar disorder.  There were times when we thought she might have Asbergers.  So I guess that played a part.  Anyway ~ that's great that he's getting better.  Sounds like you have a busy summer with the kids.  I hope it is a wonderful time for you and the kids to bond more.

I'm starting my new job today at 11am.  I just finished working out at the gym.  I am getting in the "too much exercise" mode.  I am just struggling with weight and not being able to fit into things.  It makes me want to work out all the time and not eat.  But I know that's not good.  We don't have any great plans for the summer.  Both my kids work.  We were supposed to go to Cabo San Lucas in August.  But now it looks like we'll go in March instead.  So the summer is really filled with NOTHING.  I'll post about my rehab stay in another post.  Lots of interesting stuff.  I missed you guys.  And I haven't really been able to get on the computer much.  I'm sorry about that.  Take care and have a happy/safe summer!!

Big hugs,
Mandi Cool

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 10:30am

Hey Mandi!

You need to eat for me, and send me the motivation to exercise Smiley Talk to us, and know that you are beautiful. Inside and out.

Do you scrapbook?
If you do, let me know. If you don't, why?

(I'm so nosy)

Smiles,
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

lostsoul
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

NV
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 6:47pm

Rev - I hope your summer is calming down and your husband has returned from his family chores.  When does he have to go back to work?  We are still trucking along. I think we finish August 11th but then I have to go back sometime around the 20th.

How is Molly doing? I hope she is better.

Ty - sounds like you have quite the busy summer planned. I don't know how you do so much.

Mandi - sorry your trip got post poned but I love Cabo and would gladly go any time possible.

Me - I am headed out to Washington DC to visit family.  I am excited for my kids to experience all the history it has but I have my worries. DC is where my abuse happened. I find myself slowly getting more and more down but not certain why. Perhaps it's the worries of going back. I think I will be OK but not certain.

kate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage