Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
some gratitudes and positives (Read 5324 times)
ciaro
Care Bear

Bearing through it!

some gratitudes and positives
May 17th, 2008 at 5:46pm

As always I need to remind myself and through a difficult patch there are always positives.  It helps my keep perspective and not get overwhelmed. So here goes:-

I'm grateful for all of you here at bti.

The great weather we're having.  It makes the hard times seem so much easier.

A lovely day today: went to the coast and walked the prominade, ate ice-cream (it wasn't really warm enough, but sure, what the hell).

My garden.  Its looks well at the moment.  though I wish the grass didn't grow so quickly....

I'm grateful for my therapist and how she has taught me to cope and is withme through all my healing

I am always more than my struggles

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: some gratitudes and positives
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2008 at 12:31pm

Ciaro,

Thank you for reminding me, once again, of the importance of gratitude.

Here are mine for today:

The beautiful weather.  Temperatures are just perfect and everywhere I look, there is beauty.

We have 2 new kittens, 3 weeks old now, just opening their eyes!

School is almost out!

It looks as if my husband will be able to retire from teaching at the end of next year.  (He will need to do other part-time work, but at least he can be out from under all the stress of his current job.)  I am grateful today for dreams coming true -- finally!!!!

All of you.

Rev

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2008 at 8:16pm

I'm having a hard time thinking of some gratitudes at this moment...strange...

I'll give it a try though and see how many I can come out with...

~bedtime...ode for sleep!
~nice baths (uninterrupted)
~funny books (there's this chicken soup one for moms...or maybe parents?...and it is all cartoons...that's my kinda book)
~The decal I got for my car...it's a puzzle with two pieces coming off two corners, and a phrase above it says "Autism Speaks, R U Listening?" I love it!
~Having down time...ode for down time!
~Hope: Hoping my scale isn't right, hoping I didn't overspend this month, hoping my garden survives, hoping the wind didn't break anything precious outdoors, hoping that my outdoor decorating ideas will work when I put them into motion, hoping that the water doesn't all leak out of the pool before I get the ring blown back up, hoping that the kids go to bed easily tonight as I'm sleepy, hoping I get to see American Idol (Is it the last night?), and hoping I can get an uninterrupted bath...is it possible? Hmmmm...

Okay...I got a few in. My rule is five (at least). I don't know if that last one counts or not, but I did my best for now Wink

I hope you are each having a good day. I'm thinking of you...

Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

ciaro
Care Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2008 at 5:59pm

(just wiped out a list of gratitudes)....

* I am grateful that I am managing to maintain some balance during a difficult time in my healing.

* I am grateful I live near a park.  I went for a walk there today before work and stood watching two deer drinking from a stream.  It was a special moment, so still, except for the sound of bird song from the trees.  Naure stuly is a gift and I am grateful I can see it.

IP Logged

ciaro
Care Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 5:51pm

Hello,
and welcome to the board. I hope you find it as safe and healing a place as I did some years ago when I came here almost daily.
I haven't been here in ages and just decided to check in. It was meant  to be.
Acknowledging the positives help me to realise that although I may be in a very dark place and feel hopeless, positive, good things exist at the same time. Sometimes for me, when I'm in a very dark place I get so overwhelmed I find it hard to see anything else exists I get so caught up in my pain and my past. Taking time out to see the positives, at least lets me see there is good in the world and they can co-exist. It  is often the little things that are most important and get us through the hard times. It gives me something to hang on to.
I hope this helps you and I wish you luck on your healing journey.
ciaro

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 8:07pm

Ciaro...you are amazing Smiley

Here are some grats for today: 9/26/11....

* BTI has not flatlined, but has a heartbeat....each of those who visits this place gives it that beat....and I am SO thankful to each of you.
*Ciaro...for being here for those who have come to BTI, and letting them know that this place is still open and available to those who seek healing.
*For the cool evenings, and cool mornings, and the warmth sandwhiched in between.
*Chicken fajita's...which I'll be making this evening Shocked)
*s'mores....because they are just so yummy Smiley

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage