Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Female Survivors Retreat in UK (Read 4307 times)
Tracey
Share Bear

We grow stronger through
our suffering

United Kingdom
Female Survivors Retreat in UK
Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:12am

Hi everyone,

Some of you may be aware that I attended some training for setting up groups for adult survivors of childhood s/a.  At the time I was truly inspired and still am!  During the training, the individual running it had discussed about the retreats he had run in the past for male survivors which involved a weekend away.  At the time, there was no female retreats.  He has emailed me to say that there is one now planned in July 2008  for females only within the UK and if anyone is interested, then please feel free to email me or MSN IM me for further details (through Members link).

This is a safe charity running this and I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't feel it would be safe to do so.  I'm going Smiley

Tracey

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Re: Female Survivors Retreat in UK
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 10:42am

Sounds great Tracey!!  I hope you get a lot out of it.  I would love to go.  But I am getting ready to go away for a month of healing in Tucson, Arizona.  My therapist found a really neat place where I can work on all of my PTSD without any distractions.  I leave on April 21st.  The place is called Sierra Tucson.  www.sierratucson.com. ;  They want to put me in the eating disorder program.  But I'm trying to go into the trauma program.  I find out this Monday.  After that month, I'm sure I will be completely wiped out.  Thanks for sharing.

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 2:10pm

Tracey,

I'm so glad to hear about this retreat.  I hope many are able to attend and benefit from it!

Rev

IP Logged

lostsoul
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

NV
Reply #3 - May 15th, 2008 at 12:59am

Tracey,

How are you doing? Are you still planning on going to the retreat? How are thing for you? I haven't been around much but hope to be back - again.  Undecided  I may not be here all the time but I do constantly think of my family here at BTI

Kate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage