Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My mother-in-law passed away. (Read 4427 times)
revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
My mother-in-law passed away.
Apr 10th, 2008 at 11:46am

Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to let you know my mother-in-law passed away yesterday evening.  She was a wonderful lady and was one of the few non-survivors I've ever known who was willing to sit down and talk about the things that happened to me.  I was blessed to have known her.

As much as we will miss her, we are glad she has been released from her pain and suffering.  She had been ill for many years and in terrible pain. 

Although there are tears of sadness today, I am overwhelmingly thankful for this lovely person and her wonderful gifts to me of time and concern and compassion and friendship.

Just wanted to share......

Rev

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Re: My mother-in-law passed away.
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 12:07am

I'm so sorry for your loss Revenna!  I know how I would feel to lose my mother in law.  So I can only imagine.  I'm glad that she was in your life.   Take care ~ I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Tracey
Share Bear

We grow stronger through
our suffering

United Kingdom
Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 2:59am

Hi Rev,

I am sorry to hear of your loss.  I am pleased to hear that you can also see the positive side of her presence in your life during your grieving and am pleased she was an individual that was willing to listen to you.

Tracey

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

IP Logged

sacredheart
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 11:23pm

Dear Rev,

I am so sorry that your mother in law passed away. I hope that you are able to find comfort during this difficult time. That is so sweet that you have good feelings about her and fond memories. I lost my mother in law about 5 years ago and I miss her everyday.
Sending my condolences to your husband, as well.

Sacredheart

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 1:06pm

Thanks, Mandi, Tracey and Sacredheart!

Thank you for your kind words and compassion at this sad time in our lives.  I'm sorry I'm so slow to respond.  It's hard getting back to a normal routine.  I certainly appreciate you being here for me.  There have been so many different kinds of feelings coming to the surface these past few weeks.  It's hard to process them all!  I am very grateful for my husband's parents and for the love that was freely given to me, and I am honored that I could be a part of their lives for the past 30 years. 

Thank you all for caring!

Rev

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage