Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My story (Read 6139 times)
nikkig
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

My story
Apr 8th, 2008 at 7:55pm

Hi,I am Nikki and I am a 29 year old survior,was molested and raped when I was 6 years old.It has been hard on but I am moving with the healing process.I remember coming home from my grandparents and my parents went out and they had a neighborhood boy watching me several times whom was 16 at the time.One night,he had me go in my room closing the door,strip naked and lay on my bed.I did that and the most uncomfortable happened.He touched me in the vaginal area and sticking his finger down there.Than the worst part happened,duct taped my hands and legs together so I could not fight back and raped me.He did take the duct tape off my hands and legs and told me that he would kill me if I told my parents.I did put my clothes back on and my parents came home paying him.After he left,my parents knew there was something wrong and I told them.I told them that I was molested and raped by him.My parents were outraged and called the police.I was taken to the hospital and a rape kit was used on me.My mom was there by my side comforting me.He was arrested and charged with 3 counts of Child Molestation and rape of a child as an adult.He did this to 2 other girls and was convicted.He was sentenced to 20 years in prison which my parents thought it was not enough including the parents of the other 2 girls that went through this.I have been moving on in the healing stages including speaking to teenage girls of sexual abuse and rape knowing that they are not alone.The boy whom is now a 36 year old man has asked me to forgive him what he did to me and I said no

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: My story
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 10:50am

Nikki,

Thank you for sharing your story with us.  You are a very strong person to survive all of this.  I'm sorry for your experiences, but glad you had the support of your family and that this man was convicted.  It must have been very frightening as a 6-year-old to endure such terrible treatment.  I am a survivor with repressed memories.  Recently, I uncovered a memory where one of my abusers used duct tape.  So my heart goes out to you, Nikki, knowing you experienced this same thing. 

I am so glad you are here.  Also, I'm glad you are able to share your story with teenagers. 

Please feel free to share more, if you want.

Revenna

IP Logged

nikkig
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 1:07pm

Those teenagers I spoke to look up me as a postive role model now.It was frightening and my 28 year old brother William,was 5 at the time had to testify during trial hearing me screaming out loud  and watch this guy go in my room and close the door to molest and rape me.I will never forgive the man whom did this to me knowing he violated me.My father wanted to kill him for what he did to me,he knew let the justice system do the rest.I still know the police detective whom did the investigation and we are very good friends knowing she cared about me.

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 11:42am

Nikki,

I'm glad you've had the chance to share your experience with other teenagers.  I can see why they think of you as a role model.  You are very strong. 

That must have been a terrible ordeal for your entire family.  I'm sorry your brother had to testify at the trial, but there's a part of me that's glad there was someone there who could stand up for you and say, "This really happened!"  So often when we are molested, there's no one else around and people are reluctant to believe us survivors.  I am sorry, though, for the trauma that your brother experienced. 

I hope your entire family has been able to heal from this.  I know it takes a long time, sometimes an entire lifetime.  I'm glad you have such great support.

I'm glad you were able to become friends with the police detective.  There are many caring people out there. 

Revenna

IP Logged

nikkig
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 5:05pm

My brother and I are friends becuase he stood up for me and has been there all my life.My family is doing great during the healing process.The police detective whom did the investigation always came over to check on how I was doing and still does

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2008 at 4:10pm

Nikki,

It's good to know that are caring, supportive families and friends out there.  Too often survivors have to face the healing process alone.  I'm glad for you.

Rev

IP Logged

Tracey
Share Bear

We grow stronger through
our suffering

United Kingdom
Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 3:15am

Hi Nikki,

Welcome to this supportive site.

It is nice to hear that you have made so much progress in your healing and have the support of your family.  I believe support is the most beneficial side to healing.

Tracey

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

IP Logged

nikkig
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2008 at 4:01pm

My parents knew I did not deserve this at all and they took me to a therapist a week after I was molested and raped which has helped to this day.My parents,brother Willaim,sisters Jess and Chelsea gave me of my best 29th birthday presents in January which I feel has helped,a day at the spa getting pampered,a massage and a makeover.I felt great and I was a new person.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage