Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
STUPID STUPID STUPID ME!!!!!! (Read 2851 times)
Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
STUPID STUPID STUPID ME!!!!!!
Dec 22nd, 2007 at 7:32am

Hey ~

It's early morning here and I'm up and getting ready for work.  You will NOT believe how stupid I am.   When I was 6, I watched the scariest movie of my little life.  "Omega Man" with Charlton Heston.  Does anybody remember it?  That movie made me extremely afraid of the dark.  More reasons to be afraid.  And for some reason ~ I love scary movies and I'm attracted to them.  Even though I hate that I'm there when I'm watching the movies.  SO ~ last night, my son and I went to see the movie, "I Am Legend" with Will Smith.  It is a remake of "Omega Man" and it comes from a book ~ but I don't know the name of the book.  I hadn't seen any previews.  But I knew the basics of the movie.  The theater was PACKED.  And it was the SCARIEST movie I've seen in a while.  It was pretty much the way I remembered it.  Only more scary because "movie magic" has really improved things for the story.  I jumped through the whole movie.  And was trembling most of the time.  EVERYBODY was that scared.  Not just me.  My son and I came home at 11:30PM and he slept with me last night.  My 16 year old boy, his dog, and my cat all slept together because we were so scared.  Can you believe?  And normally ~ he's too old to be sleeping with his mom.  But I had full clothing on ~ shorts and a tshirt.  And he had shorts on.  And I usually don't move in bed at all.  I stay to one side.  We both slept a little better just knowing that we weren't alone.  I would have felt better if my hubby was home to "protect" me from the monsters.  But we did OK.  I think just knowing that Cocoa would bark if somebody came in made me feel better.  WHY did we have to watch that stupid movie?  I can't believe how dumb I was. Shocked  Just had to share.  If you are easily scared ~ DON'T see this movie.  It is intense!!!!!

Big hugs,
Mandi Cool

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Re: STUPID STUPID STUPID ME!!!!!!
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2007 at 6:32pm

Lol Mandi, you're not stupid, just a dare-devil!
I'm just the same these days. I can't watch horror films at all now. I can't sleep for weeks if I do. When I was a kid I loved them. Me and my best friend couldn't get enough of them. I think in a way i was trying to receate the horror in my real life through watching these things.

I don't blame you and your son for needing to sleep with each other! I had to do that with my brother once when i was 15. I had read a book about the serial killer Denis Nilson, written by his lawyer, or psychologist or something. It got you right in his head, and made you understand why he needed to commit all these gruesome murders and gave all the gory details of how he did it etc. Well, I was fine while I was reading it but when it was time for bed .... I freaked! We were staying in France in my grandmother's house and my bedroom was up in the spooky attic. I begged my 12 year old brother to sleep with me. He refused because we were sworn enemies at that age. So I had to pay him to sleep in my bed!!!! Can you believe that! Still, it got me through the night without a breakdown!

So, no more scary movies for you, huh Grin?

Hugs,

Riv Cheesy

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage