Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Conversations in dreams. (Read 5110 times)
Patience
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Conversations in dreams.
Dec 5th, 2007 at 8:35am

Do you think that when you have a conversation with someone in a dream, (a person that you have a huge issue with and maybe can't speak to them in real life), do you think that healing takes place anyway, even though it was only a dream.

Just like having a nightmare connects us with our fear, maybe talking to people we can't reach in real life connects us with... what?...our ability to forgive, to be compassionate?

I have these types of dreams all the time, especially at the moment.
In real life, I feel anger and fear towards someone, but in the dream I can talk to them.

What do you think??  Huh

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Re: Conversations in dreams.
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2007 at 9:57am

I believe that in dreams, we have the ability to do what we really want to do ~ that we can't do in real life.  And I do believe that it can be healing in a way.  It's like when we write letters to our abusers.  But we don't really send them.  We are still getting the poison out somehow.  That's just my opinion.  Does it make you feel better to be able to talk in the dream?  I hope so!

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Patience
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Re: Conversations in dreams.
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2007 at 4:57am

I don't know if it makes me feel better or not.
Sometimes it makes me feel worse because in the dream I have been able to talk to these people and sort things out, but then I wake up and everything is still the same and i feel the pain again.  Undecided

I had a dream last night that I abandoned my children! How could I do that to them when I know how it  feels in real life?
But in a way they are being neglected by me at the moment because I am immersed in my own pain...again.

I wish I could be pregnant for ever. It is the only times in my life I have been truely happy (and able to eat properly).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage