Send Topic Print
Just tired of being (Read 4400 times)
serenity_seeker2007
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Dallas, Texas
Just tired of being
Oct 2nd, 2007 at 11:09pm

Sad     just kind of tired of being....of just barely getting by. Of wanting healing but  not knowing what to do to get there. What do i do different- when I am sailing softly on some days and then on others with no provocation i steal into nightmare alley, and sleep aludes me. I dream in color and feel all the emotions that defeat me. I wonder what caused this nightmare, when it all seemed like i was doing well. no dreams for several weeks, working and getting by, and then, WHAM! I'm back in the thick of it for no apparent reason. what happened? why did i lose it?
just kind of hoping someone out there knows what i'm talking about....

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.....
serenity_seeker2007  
IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: Just tired of being
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 8:15pm

Serenity Seeker,

Yes, I do know what you're talking about.  Healing is such an elusive and painful entity!  It's so frustrating when things are going well to have those nightmares and lack of sleep take away our peace.  I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time.  I always try to remind myself that this is just part of the process -- that to get better, I have to face the pain.  And pain, for me, has come in stages.  I hope you can get some peaceful rest soon.

Rev

IP Logged

serenity_seeker2007
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 3:44pm

Yes, i am again in one of those struggling moments. They do seem to come and go and i wonder why...I am working hard and struggling with my addiction. cravings have haunted me for a couple weeks now. I have almost 7 months clean and sober. I feel resentment at myself when i am having nightmares and flashbacks. i feel like " why can't you just get over this? " i search for answers but find little to none that adequately appeases me. I just keep telling myself, this is a process....so thank you for your feed-back. i appreciate your kindness and i do look up to you. you always share such insightful and strengthening topics. Thank you

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.....
serenity_seeker2007  
IP Logged

Ginee
Share Bear

Wisdom is nothing more
than healed pain

Louisiana
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2007 at 11:31pm

So wonderful that you are almost 7 months sober! I get frustrated over the same things. I don't understand why I can't get over what happened either. I'll have several great weeks and then out of no where I'm feeling like crap because of a nightmare or flashback that comes from out of nowhere. I have no words of insight right now, but I do know what you're talking about.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you go. ~Dr. Seuss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage