Finished Exam Work (Read 2678 times)
Tracey
Share Bear

We grow stronger through
our suffering

United Kingdom
Finished Exam Work
Jun 12th, 2007 at 4:21pm

I've just finished my exam work for my foundation year in Transactional Analysis.  I'm so chuffed  Cheesy

Years of emotional abuse by my mother too have made me into an individual who believes she will never achieve and never succeed.  This is the first course I have finished and believed in what I have handed in BEFORE its due date (only by one week) is satisfactory.

I've rung my husband who is out tonight to say I've "done it" and his mobile answerphone has kicked in  Cry

I want to ring my T; I know it is not appropriate and it will wait until I see her tomorrow really.

Sadly, I want to ring my Mum for some praise.  I haven't picked up the phone as I know it will fall on deaf ears and I'll set myself up for dissapointment and shame.

I know my Dad would have been pleased and I will tell him when I see him at his grave on Fathers Day this Sunday.

I have you all here, who I know will understand how much this means to me and how much I really want my mother to approve.

I simply wanted to share in this moment with you all ...........   I really want to cry - I want my Mum to say "Well Done" for once and change who she is  Cry

Tracey

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: Finished Exam Work
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2007 at 9:43pm

I am proud of you tracey! You get BIG hoorays from me!!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2007 at 7:23am

Tracey,

Congratulations! It sounds like you have come so far and this is an amazing achievement! I really feel your pain that your mother will not give you the approval you long for. I'm glad you haven't contacted her because you deserve to enjoy your achievement without her spoiling it for you. With or without her approval, you have succeeded in your own right!!!!

Big hugs,

Riv Smiley

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 11:20pm

HOW EXCITING TRACEY!!!  I am so proud of you!!  Proud of you like a sister!  Great job!  I wish you could call your mom.  And I wish your dad was here to talk to.  And I think your therapist would have been pleased and honored that you called her.  I would have had to call mine and at least leave a message.  OH~ and I so wish you could have talked to your husband.  But you are right ~ we are here and proud of you.  And your husband will be so proud as well. 

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage