Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A very Deep Question What's the Point? (Read 3064 times)
Zoey
Share Bear

Always Follow Your Heart

The United States of America
A very Deep Question What's the Point?
Feb 20th, 2007 at 8:54am

Just what is The Point to Any of This? Questioning

What is The Point of staying Alive??

What is The Point of Not giving up??

What is The Point of even being Born at All??

Sincerely
Zoey

Make Gentle The Life of This World.

Robert F. Kennedy

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: A very Deep Question What's the Point?
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 12:10pm

It's a very good question Zoey...and here is my take on things. The following was posted awhile back, and there were a few other replies...it's on page 2 of the Happiness and Healing forum under the title 'something to think about...'trigger'?'

So, here's my answer:

I was visiting with Becca last night and we talked a bit about the desire to live versus the desire to end the journey. I mentioned something that I thought might be something to think about, and share if you feel you can...

I realize, now, that if I would have ended my life when I wanted to I would have never:

- had Simon
- had Leah
- met most of you
- made the many close and dear friends that I have now
- lived in the many wonderful places I have lived
- met my 'sister' eight years ago
- heard so many awesome songs, including 'Jesus take the wheel'
- seen the many movies that have come out...that I love...like How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, or 13 going on 30
- had the wonderful kitties that I have now...or the bunnies
- had a van
- found Adventures in Odyssey, let alone own most of them!
- seen Biggest Loser, or Deal or No Deal...or so many others!
- had message boards on BTI
- be amazed at where I am today

Okay...your turn...

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 2:52pm

I think that the point is ~ to learn and grow from everything that happens to us.  And to learn from mistakes that we've made as well.  It's a journey that we are on.  So maybe things aren't always so great.  But they do get better.   If you weren't here, you couldn't experience any of the good things in life that are yet to be.  That's the only answer I can come up with.  For me ~ it's not about wanting to die.  It's about ending the pain.  Living is a choice that I make.  So in a way ~ that gives me some kind of control in my own life.  I will never give up trying and let them win.  Even though it's hard sometimes.  I hope you will never give up as well.  You are worth it.  Don't let them win.  Define your future the way YOU want to live!!

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Aloyalknight
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2007 at 4:06am

Hello,

This is a question I have asked on occasions. There is no doubt that life can be a constant struggle for some and others seem to have a dream run.

I am 46 and I have had a life of tragic personal events that defy the imagination. I had a great up bringing but since I left home I have endured many personal tragic events. I am a criminal investigator by profession and have investigated a large number of suicides and seen untold sadness in this world from criminal incidents. I always wondered what led to that fatal moment when the mind just tunes out and the person says I have had enough and I am leaving this life for ever.

I myself have come close to that horrible moment and it is very scary. The thing that drove me onward was that I really would like to live forever. And you think of those that are left behind that depend on you. They are the ones who suffer the one that leaves ends the suffering. Those left suffer forever.

I am once again questioning now whats the point of it all. Maybe there is no point. Sometimes I feel that we are all just like ants. Today I broke down in my beautiful backgarden whilst attempting to do a small wood work project to lift my spirits. I thought god here I am sobbing my heart out and nobody knows. Nobody knows. I wondered to myself afterwards of how many other people were hurting and thinking the same. Life can be a struggle. But I believe it is worth it.

We all impact on others lives. A favourite movie I like to watch is "Its a Wonderful LIfe".

Life is certainly full of moments, happy and sad. But life is a one time deal so we just have to make the most of it at all times. I always find that there is always someone else that is suffering more than me when I begin to feel sorry for myself. I know I have my health and I can help others in my profession and I have 4 beautiful boys that depend on me. It could be worse it can always be worse.

A Loyal Knight.

If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain!

IP Logged

lostsoul
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

NV
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 9:28pm

WOW, haven't I asked that to myself a million times! I honestly haven't figured it all out - or even part of it but I do know that if you, or I, or anyone else here, wasn't around anymore than many others would suffer because of the loss. It was only receintly that I learned my lesson first hand. I have wished death upon myself more times than I can say, I have prayed and prayed for such a day to come to end all this pain.  A few months ago my dad was real sick and the thought of him being gone from my life forever (we are close but I am unable to be close to anyone so what is close is not a normal father daughter closeness - does that makes sense?). . . anyway it was the first time I experienced the chance of loosing someone. It really made me realize how one life can impact so many more.  For me, I know my kids would be devistated by my loss and many others although on a much smaller scale.

I know it doesn't give the answer to what is the point of it all but I do know life here is important  for some reason or antoher.

kate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage