Send Topic Print
Mandi's pics (Read 1610 times)
Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Mandi's pics
Feb 10th, 2007 at 5:42pm

I've missed your for over a month!

I have to tell you first that I love the one of you peaking through the wall...we could sure use that as a word picture of abuse and the wall it creates! But your smile breaks through...and I love it!

The one of you and the christmas village at your grandma's...too sweet! What is the village made out of? I couldn't tell. Until just now, I had never thought about Christmas with my grandparents...unless they had a small tree they didn't decorate at all...but they were good people, just not overly decorative (unlike myself who likes to go all out).

Do you have a Christmas village now (as in, at Christmas time...is it a tradition)?

Hope you are well!
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Re: Mandi's pics
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 3:12pm

I've missed you too Ty!!  This board has been so quiet.  Part of me worries about everybody.  The other part thinks that maybe it's a good thing.  But I'm here if people want to talk.  I am trying anyway. 

I like the analogy of the wall that's created by the abuse.  Maybe I am breaking down that wall ~ and smiling because of it!! Wink

I don't know what the Christmas village was made of.  My grandmother always displayed it though.  And I loved it.  She did decorate all over the house.  She lived right around the block from me ~ so I saw both grandparents all the time.  I don't have a Christmas village now.  But maybe when I'm a grandma I will have one for my grandkids to play with.  I have a Hallmark tree ~ all of us have our own ornaments.  And that's a big deal for the kids to get their own ornaments.  They play with them and they put them on the tree.  Then they will take them with them one day to put on their own tree.  I do love to decorate ~ except for this past year.  I wasn't into it at all.  I was the Grinch. 

Thanks!
Big hugs,
Mandi Cheesy

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage