Riv's pictures (Read 2276 times)
lostsoul
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

NV
Riv's pictures
Jan 1st, 2007 at 3:50pm

Riv

I loved the idea of hanging up pictures of you and i LOVE black and white ones!  Too bad if your friend didn't approve of your last two photographs. Pictures are to capture times and those captured some realistic times. I think they are good in that they are reminders of all you have endured and how far you have come.  the one with your dad's hands on your shoulder really made me think - it says a lot with him standing over you, dominating you, and you being so little and having no control. That one I would keep to remind myself how you had no choice in things and how little you were living with that monster.  You might want to make a smaller copy of it to put with the picture lil Riv drew receintly. To me, those two really say a lot.

Thanks for sharing.

kate

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: Riv's pictures
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2007 at 4:31pm

Riv,

I really like the new photographs you've shared because they depict the truth about your childhood.  I think your friend is wrong to only want you to have "happy pictures" on your walls.  I don't think we honor the children within us when we do that sort of thing.  It's the same as when people want us to hurry up and heal.  If we hurry, we miss the opportunity to let our children grow at their own rate of speed.  It's like putting our childhood on fast forward.  Your photographs honor the little girl inside of you.

Rev

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 1:32pm

Thanks for sharing your pics with us Riv!!  I am proud of you for hanging them on your wall.  They SHOULD be looked at and shared.  It shows a glimpse of your REAL world to those who don't have a clue.  Thanks again for being so brave and sharing them!!  You are an amazing survivor!!

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2007 at 8:30pm

Thanks Kate, Rev and Mandi for your comments about the photos  Smiley. I really appreciate your support about more negative ones. I just felt like I wanted reality up there, not some fantasy like my family wants to see, ya know?

I've added a few more now ~ and a framed pic from Alice through the looking glass to go with them Grin!

Big hugs,

Riv Smiley

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage