Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nightmare about my dad (Trigger) (Read 3992 times)
Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Nightmare about my dad (Trigger)
Oct 22nd, 2006 at 12:42pm

A week or so ago I had a horrible nightmare. It was a dream within a dream ~ weird!  

In my dream, I lay down on my bed for a nap during the day. I fell asleep and then suddenly I awoke to find that my dad was suffocating me. He was sitting on the edge of my bed, fully clothed, looking normal, but he had his hand pressed hard over my mouth and was just watching me coldly as i fought for breath. I was terrified and was panicking and stuggling ~ but I knew I wouldn't get free and he was going to kill me. Then I woke up and sat up in bed screaming "Nooooo!" (but I was still dreaming!). Then I woke up for real. I was so freaked out I couldn't sleep for hours ~ it seemed so real, and I couldn't get that ice cold look on my dad's face out of my mind. In my flashbacks I see my dad suffocating me a lot. I don't get why he would do something like that  Undecided

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: Nightmare about my dad (Trigger)
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 3:18pm

Riv,

What a horrible nightmare!  No wonder you couldn't go back to sleep for a long time!  I often wonder what these dreams are trying to tell us.  Have you had a similar dream before?  Sometimes I keep dreaming the same things over and over.  I wonder if my subconscious mind is trying to send me a message -- and I'm just slow in getting it! 

I've had dreams that seemed real, too.  I would wake up with the feeling that I had actually experienced what was in the dream.  The level of terror that I felt was unbelievable.  I hope you are getting some peaceful sleep now, and that in time, the reason for this dream will come to you.  It must have been terribly frightening, especially the part about suffocation.

Rev

IP Logged

serenity_seeker2007
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Dallas, Texas
Re: Nightmare about my dad (Trigger)
Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2007 at 6:18pm

I too, can relate to the intensity of your dreams. it must have been very difficult for you. I always wake up screaming or crying, tangled in my sheets (convinced he was tying me up again) and panick when i can't get free right away. I feel it all over just like it was happening again and I was five or six years old again. How these things have the capacity to become so surreal for us is beyond me. But mine happen the exact same way. i have been told it is something that is in our subconcious mind trying to break free and as it rises to the surface we re-experience the trauma once again. Maybe....Good luck and i will keep you in my prayers and hope you can withstand the storms when they hit. i am right with you and you are not alone. be strong my sister.....

the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.....
serenity_seeker2007  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage