This Site has hleped me
soooo very much! thank
you

Santa Cruz California
being chased
Aug 21st, 2006 at 10:28pm

Smiley Smiley
[/color][color=#003333]

hi to everyone.. just was wondering. in my nightmare its always the same , some one tring to get  me and almsot does. but i wake up .. why

IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Re: being chased
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2006 at 6:59pm

Hi TP,

Good to see you again! Sorry about your recurring nightmare. It sounds really frightening. I really don't know why you would be dreaming that. Do you get a sense for what it might be about? Do you have a feeling for who the person trying to get you is? Does it feel like your abuser/s? Perhaps it's a realisation or a memory that is trying to "get you " and get your attention? Are you in the same place each time?

I hate when I can't work out my dreams, which is most of the time!

I hope it comes clear and you get some peaceful sleep soon,

Riv

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Re: being chased
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2006 at 1:05pm

Hello, Twistedpupet,

I'm sorry about your nightmare.  I used to dream the same thing over and over.  For me, it was a way of telling myself about my past.  I had buried most of my past (repressed memories), but in my dream I was able to tell myself that I was being raped and where it was happening (in the living room of the house where I grew up).  My conscious mind did not know this, only my subconscious.

It's hard to know what our dreams are telling us.  It could be that you are trying to tell yourself about a particular event, or that you feel unsafe now in your adult life, or it might be just an expression of feelings.  I wish you well in discovering what this means for you.

Hope you can get some peaceful sleep!

Rev

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage