Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vile scary (med related?) dream (Read 1866 times)
Hope
Share Bear

Journeying...
vile scary (med related?) dream
Apr 29th, 2006 at 1:54pm

Hey everyone!

Started a new med last night and one of the side effects are abnormal dreams. They weren't kidding. MT

I was in my apartment asleep (in the dream, which is interesting cause I don't ever remember sleeping in a dream before) and I woke in the middle of the night to the sound of something being thrown against my window. I quickly realized someone was outside trying to break the window with large rocks and ran to a room without windows and used my cell phone to call the police. The police said "well Ms. Doe, we have video surveillance of you and feel you deserve this treatment" and refused to respond.  
Daylight suddenly broke and I was able to stand at a safe enough distance from the window to see that the house across the street had been demolished and there were teenage boys throwing the wreckage at my window.
Suddenly my brother was in the apartment throwing rocks at the window from inside (where they came from,  I do not know). Initially I took it to mean that he was retaliating against the attack, but then (and this is the vile part) at some point my brother and I started arguing (over what, I do not know) and he took a piece of glass and cut both of his hands and begun spreading copious amounts of blood on the windows and walls.
I realized I had to get out but needed to do it in a way that did not threaten him.
Interestingly enough I offered to go get breakfast at McDonald's, kissed him on the forehead and left.
I felt proud of my presence of mind to take my keys and cell phone.
On my way down the stairs I was trying to decide who to call for help as well as reminding myself that I know how to break into my place and would likely have to once he (brother) realized I had gone for help.
Once downstairs, I was not in my backyard, but in front of the State Capitol (go figure). A very large Native American (is that the PC term this week?) who reminded me of Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was there and spoke to me. He was so tall that I had to stand on a very large concrete pillar in order to speak with him.
I do not remember what he said. (unfortunately) but I do remember thinking "get away & into the car quickly"
I hate Medication Dreams.  

I am glad this space is here though, now that I am out of private therapy and in the catch-all state mental health system, my bi-monthly 45 minute sessions are focused largely on coping strategies as opposed to analyzing.  Unless this becomes a recurrent dream, I will not use session to discuss it. I may however req a med change if I have too many more nights like last night.
Images of dream were disturbing enough that I did not allow myself to fall back to sleep. Would rather be tired than terrified.

Thanks for reading (if you made it this far!)
Hope

"all who wander are not lost. . ."&&&&don't know who said it, but i like it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage