Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
snake dreams ~ (Read 6758 times)
Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
snake dreams ~
Mar 13th, 2006 at 7:10pm

First ~ do you dream in color or black and white?  I heard that you only dream in black and white.  But I dream in color as well.  

Two things.  First ~ I haven't been sleeping well at all.  And for the past week, I wake up around 4 or 5am in the morning to go to the bathroom, then I can't go back to sleep.  I have a song playing over and over again in my head before I wake up, and it keeps going when I try to go back to sleep.  It's so frustrating!!!  Every morning it's a different song ~ songs that I like.  Maybe because songs are soothing to me.  They help me cope with bad times.  I don't know.  Needless to say ~ I can't go back to sleep because the song won't stop playing!!! Angry

Next ~ I had a dream about a colorful Copperhead snake.  If you don't have those in your area ~ you are lucky.  They are all over in the south and they blend in with the leaves very well. And they are poisonous.  My husband saved me from one when we were first engaged.  The Copperhead in my dreams was orange and brown ~ bright looking colors.   Copperheads do come in different shades of brown, green and orange.   This snake was short and stubby and fat.  It was just sitting there ~ then this beautiful Rainbow snake(not poisonous and has rainbow stripes) came by and the Copperhead ate it.   I am guessing that the Copperhead was my brother since he is short and overweight.  And I am guessing I am the Rainbow snake since I love color so much.   I just keep dreaming about him and it is really making me paranoid.  I know it's probably for nothing.  Thanks for listening to my dream.  My therapist always tells me that snakes in dreams represent a man's privates.  

Big hugs,
Mandi Undecided

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Monica
Share Bear

Take that you evil perverts!
 Mwa Ha Ha!

Missouri, USA
Re: snake dreams ~
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 11:44pm

I don't know, Mandi, I dream in color all the time, except when I have nightmares about the abuse, because the only colors I can see in those dreams are red, black, and gray.  There is always a lot of gray, probably because the house I remember him abusing me in was made of concrete, all gray.  But even the Colorado snow in the dreams is gray, and his eyes are usually red and I can see him wearing a black shirt and black pants.  I don't know why.

But anyway, yes, snakes are a big phallic symbol in dreams, as are knives and guns.  I have snake dreams a lot.  A recent one of mine, I was in the desert, and lots of different-colored snakes popped out of nowhere and chased after me.  My boyfriend came and rescued me from the snakes.  Since all of us here have had a traumatic sexual experience, a man's privates would seem like something "dangerous" to us, so that's why we have dreams like this.  I would say your interpretation about the copperhead representing your brother is a good one.  The rainbow snake might be your husband.  Do you feel like he is someone you can count on?  If so I would say that is a good guess.

WWW spunkypoet34  
IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 10:20pm

Monica,

I absolutely LOVE your photo and message! Too cool!

Mandi,

I'm not sure what to make of your dream. I know that I have dreamed in color, and I am not positive about the black and white...but I am sure that I have done that also.

Last night I dreamt about my cousin. He was murdered three years ago Sad In the dream he was alive and it was present day...I remember thinking about how good it was to spend time with him, but then I kept thinking 'but he's not here anymore, he's dead'...I just couldn't figure out what was going on, yet I was happy to spend time with him...and then it just kept hitting me...it's not real, he's dead.

Anyway. That was my most recent dream.

Thanks for sharing yours!

Journeying,
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

lostsoul
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

NV
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2006 at 12:40am

Mandi,

Just wanted you to know that while waiting to see my T the other day I picked up a reader's digest (didn't even think to see what month it was) but it discussed dreams and their meaning. the author said most people dream in colors and the colors have meaning. Wish I could remember them all but was preoccupied with the thought of seeing my T so only caught parts of it. You might want to read it - it was just a few pages long.

kate

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 4:03pm

Mandi,

I'm sorry I'm so slow to get to your post.  I used to dream about snakes all the time and whenever I would see one on TV, I would start to panic.  When I was 19, I went to reach for a garden hose and found it was a green snake instead (in the process of eating a frog).  Fortunately, I figured it out just before I actually picked up the snake.  It really freaked me out.

I also have rat dreams.  Do rats represents something to s/a survivors?  The only thing I can figure out is that my grandmother lived right next door to a grain elevator when I was a child and there would always be spilled grain on the ground.  I probably saw a rat scurrying by at some point in time and since a lot of my early abuse occurred at my grandmother's house, I made a connection between the rats and the place where I was molested.  I hate rat dreams!

Rev

IP Logged

Monica
Share Bear

Take that you evil perverts!
 Mwa Ha Ha!

Missouri, USA
Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2006 at 3:42pm

Wow, Rev, that's strange, I can relate to the rats!  The only place I can remember being abused at was a junk pile of a house in Colorado where there was a really bad rat infestation.  I remember there being a lot of flies too, so I associate both of those things with the abuse.  I have dreams about rats too, and there's usually something dead in those nightmares.

WWW spunkypoet34  
IP Logged

ShiningThrough
Baby Bear

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 12:02am

All:

My internal TV is Technicolor...most of the time. The colors get messed up when things get violent.

Rats--what the heck? Had one of those last night. It started out as a sparrow that came in through a window and was looking right at me. He hopped on my chest (I was in bed) and I closed my eyes so he wouldn't be intimidated by me (and also I was afraid of being pecked in the eye). The all of a sudden I felt something chewing on the blankets over  my chest and I tried to push it away and it bit me. I knew it was a rat. Had to wake myself up at that point.

If someone knows what rats mean, please tell me. It's freaking me out.

As for snakes...the genitals association makes sense. Just another possibility--in my culture (Native American) snakes mean rebirth, regeneration...the ability to transform. (Think of the shedding skin capability.) Maybe this dream is a confirmation/validation of all the work you are doing on your healing journey?

There are years that ask questions and years that answer.  - Zora Neale Hurston

IP Logged

Chantell
Care Bear

Missouri
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 2:43am

hi all, as I was reading these posts it got me curious about what dreams mean, so I looked online for different dream translations and stuff. Who knows for sure if this is 100% but this is what I found.

Rat

A rat, or rats, in your dream points up the fact that someone is very jealous of you and/or your accomplishments and will work against you in any way possible, it is a dream of warning to be on the alert for enemy attack, (the backbiting kind). If you see a white rat it means the same but you will have help from unknown forces. To hear rats running, or gnawing in the walls, shows that you have been wasting your time and should move on to greener pastures.

Snake

A snake, being the ages old symbol of evil or satan, makes it a bad omen to have one show up in a dream. To see a lone snake and feel threatened by it shows that you have a bad enemy that is even then working against you, it also a warning against bodily harm from an enemy. To dream of many snakes in a pit is the foreboding of much bad luck in love or business. Should you overcome and kill a threatening snake in your dream shows that you will overcome your adversary and win out.

He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
WWW chntelylace25 cabezarojo79  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage