Send Topic Print
Get sleep first (Read 3085 times)
Butterfly
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

Indiana
Get sleep first
Mar 3rd, 2006 at 2:02am

I guess before I have something to really share in dream space I should get sleep first.

with all this chaos in my life right now I can hardly sleep,  I get to the point of almost feeling like vomiting before I even try to go to bed.  I noticed in my 1/2 hour or 1 hour naps during the day I sleep better than night.

I think it is knowing my husband will hear me during the day if I need him.

I am afraid to sleep,  afraid to dream.  I want to know the truth yet I feel overwhelmed in facing the truth.

Maybe this wasn't the spot to share this but maybe someone has been to the point of afraid of sleeping before because of the dreams that could happen.

So Tired

Butterfly

IP Logged

Ginee
Share Bear

Wisdom is nothing more
than healed pain

Louisiana
Re: Get sleep first
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 2:11am

Hi Butterfly!
I assumed you were having trouble sleeping since you are always on at the same time as me when I get out of working the evening shift. I went through the exact same thing in the first months of starting to deal with all of the sa stuff coming up. The insomnia made me insane. I totally lost my grip on life for a while. In retrospect, It's miraculous that I didn't end up committed. I eventually got over it as I progressed in therapy and by having a long bedtime ritual. I would take a hot bath and then write in my journal, drink chamomele, and then read for hours until I finally fell asleep. I guess the ultimate thing I needed was to get over my fear of sleep/fear of dreaming. Just hang in there and know that you will always have a late night friend in me if you need to chat!
Safe hugs,
Ginee

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you go. ~Dr. Seuss

IP Logged

Butterfly
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

Indiana
Re: Get sleep first
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 3:15am

Ginee,

thanks for taking the time to share.  Yes i am still up!  i am suppose to go back to work next week so I sure hope I get this sleeping under control.

I have my tylenol w/ codeine for pain from surgery, due to my high tolerance for pain I did not take it but I did take one the other day to get some sleep.  I have been watching this though because I need to be able to sleep on my own.

I used to work midnights for years and am used to being up all night.  I worked the 3-11 shift before also and I hated it because I needed my unwind time and no one was up.  Even when I go back to work I may be up late so I am always here if you need to chat also. 
Thanks
butterfly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage