Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About Karen Carpenter. (Read 3558 times)
JJ
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

England
About Karen Carpenter.
Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:36pm

I just wanted to share a dream I had about Karen Carpenter with you. I had it just over a month ago when I was really struggling with anorexia.

I saw Karen and went up to her and siad, "I am anorexic-like you, but you are going to die in 1983 when you are 32."
She asked me how I knew and I said I had found a way to go back through time to tell her, that I was from the future and in my time she was already dead.
She didn't listen to me and started jogging with 2 big bodyguards on either side of her. As she ran, she became thinner and thinner-frailer and frailer.
I watched her jog away and just KNEW she was going to die. Then I woke up.
I felt as though the dream was a warning to me.

IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Re: About Karen Carpenter.
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 9:04am

Wow, JJ, that dream must have felt so profound! Do you feel like the warning in the dream has stayed with you ~ has it shifted anything for you around your relationship to the anorexia and food etc?
I wonder if your baby sent you that dream Grin!

Hugs,

Riv

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

JJ
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

England
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 6:09am

Hi Riv,
Yes, the profoundness of the dream has stayed with me, and my attitude to food had most definitely changed.
It is hard to know whether I would have started eating properly again if I had not become pregnant, or not.
One of the reasons I was so depressed was because of my miscarriage last year.
I am starting to believe that everything happens for a reason though. I don't beieve I would have found BTI if I had been through what I have the last few months. Now I am so much stronger and have alot more support than I did this time last year.
I feel much more able to cope with pregnancy and having a new baby, and my partner and I are closer because of my experiences.
Maybe my baby did send me the dream. I certainly will never forget it.
I am eating so well now and no guilt. It's wonderful!!
Even though I am only 5 weeks, I have a little tummy already. Maybe it's twins! My partner is a twin!!! LOL
LOVE JJ xxx

IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 3:00pm

JJ,

What a powerful dream!  I always wonder (when I get up in the morning and the power of the dream stays with me) what it's trying to tell me.  I am glad you are at a place in your life where you are doing better and receiving support.  Things are looking up for you!

Rev

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage