Childhood dream (Read 2019 times)
Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Childhood dream
Feb 24th, 2006 at 6:14pm

Hi Everyone,

This is a dream I remember having when I was around 6 years old. I recall that it felt like the scariest nightmare! I couldn't sleep for nights afterwards and I always remembered it.
(We had moved house a year or two before I had this dream)

I am in a strange room with Mummy and my little brother. A lady is showing us her house because we are looking for somewhere to live. I don’t know where my dad is and no one will tell me.

The room is big and empty, with a blue carpet and large bay windows. There is no furniture in here ~ just a pile of cardboard boxes over by the window. While Mummy is talking to the lady, I hear a voice calling to me. It’s coming from the boxes. As I walk over to them, I notice that there are two little eye holes in the side of one of the boxes and a pair of brown eyes is peering out at me. I’m scared and my stomach feels fluttery. I’m not sure if I should trust whoever this is. The voice calls out again and I recognise that it is Jacko, my toy chimpanzee. I love Jacko with all my heart. He is my best friend. I am so excited that Jacko is here with me and is actually talking to me! I call out to Mummy and tell her who it is. Mummy tells me to be careful. She says it might not be him, but I don’t believe her. Suddenly the boxes are in the middle of the room which makes me nervous, but the eyes are still looking at me and Jacko is saying he wants to come out so we can play. I hesitate because Mummy has told me to be careful but then I decide to let him out. As soon as I pull open the top of the box, my dad bursts out, roaring like a wild animal with his arms in the air. I scream hysterically, overwhelmed with terror. I feel sick that I have been tricked and can’t believe that I let him out. I run to Mummy for protection but she is laughing at me now for being silly.  

Riv Tongue

P.S. Does anyone else remember any dreams they had in childhood?

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Re: Childhood dream
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 9:18pm

Hey Riv!

What a horrible nightmare!!  What do you think it means?  Maybe your mother was trying to leave your dad at one time.  And maybe your dad is telling you in the dream that you can't really run from him ~ because he will find you.  I don't know.  Just my thought!

Big hugs,
Mandi Grin

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Re: Childhood dream
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 7:09am

Hi Mandi,

Thanks for reading my dream. No, I don't think my parents ever planned to split up. That would have been GREAT!!! I think we were house hunting in the dream because we'd been doing that for real a couple of years earlier.
I don't know really what it was about. I used to dream stuff like that quite a bit, ignoring my mother's warnings and then dying or being hurt ~ in reality my mum was always warning me to stay away from my dad ~ but only when he was being nice and gentle. She would call me away and tell me he was in a dangerous mood. She was nowhere to be seen if he was actually beating me! I think there was a weird connection for me between Jacko my chimp and Dad (Dad's always reminded me of a wild gorilla!). Jacko was like a safe version of Dad. I'll have to post about Jacko sometime. He was a big part of my life!

Thanks for responding Smiley

Riv

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage