Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does Anyone Else Do This? (Read 3112 times)
revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Does Anyone Else Do This?
Feb 15th, 2006 at 12:57pm

Hi, everyone!

Last night while I was dreaming I felt so incredibly sad.  I do this often.  When I woke up, the sadness continued.  The sadness is so real, it creates a burning sensation in my skin.  If I let myself cry for a few minutes, the burning stops.  It's as if I'm releasing some sort of poison from my body.  Does anyone else do this?

I was trying to remember the details of my dream so that I could share them with you, but they are a blur this morning.  (Now that we have a dream space, I can't remember the details of my dreams!!!  How frustrating!)

Anyway, I just wondered if any of you feel this overwhelming sadness while you dream -- so powerful that it creates physical symptoms???

Rev

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: Does Anyone Else Do This?
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 2:08pm

Rev,

This is definitely something that I have experienced. I have, once, woken up sobbing. I cannot remember what the dream was, as it was a long time ago...but perhaps I wrote it down somewhere? But yes, sadness and tears are definitely a part of my dream experience.

If you remember and still want to share, know that we are interested Smiley

Journeying,
Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Rivkele
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

UK
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 5:33pm

Hi Rev,

It sounds like you're really getting some of your feelings out in your dreams. Sorry you felt so sad, but I guess at the same time it's a good thing to be so in touch with them.

I do relate to that somewhat. I went through a phase (and still do sometimes) of waking up from dreams sobbing. Usually I had dreamt about my mother rejecting me in some way, telling me she had never loved me, etc. I'd be crying in the dream and then I would wake up and find myself saying "Mummy why don't you love me" and sobbing. A few times I woke up really angry and was even punching my pillow on a couple of occassions!!

More recently I've woken from a few dreams with very odd physical sensations. In all the dreams I was desperately trying to wake myself up and when I did I had an unbearable, irritating, really weird sensation around my legs, genitals and torso. It just felt sort of hysterical and horrible and I couldn't shake it for about 15 minutes. It feels kind of like it's a body memory but who knows.

Like Ty, I'm very interested to hear about your dream if you remember it.

Hugs,

Riv

'A person should want to live, if only out of curiosity'        Yiddish proverb

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 5:56pm

Hey Revenna!

I have woken up very sad ~ and also in tears.  It creates a day full of sadness for me.  I hate it so much when that happens.  So many times ~ I never know what I was dreaming about that made me feel that way.  My hubby wakes me up a lot when I'm crying. 

Big hugs,
Mandi Smiley

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

lostsoul
Super Bear

Bearing through it!

NV
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 8:43pm

Rev,

Oh how many times I have woken up wiht that gloomy feeling.  While I dream I know I am dreaming (most of the time) and tell myself to remember when I wake up but the majority of the time as soon as I wake up all I remember is telling myself to remember (hope that makes sense).

Unfortunately even though I can't recall the details of my dreams I do remember the emptiness.

kate

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage