HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Journey (Read 1977 times)
Kaye
Ex Member

The Journey
May 18th, 2005 at 2:52am

Following is a poem that a friend sent to me last year.  I don't know if it's been on here before but I thought it very appropriate to all of us. 

THE JOURNEY

One day you finally knew what you had to do and began
though the voices around you kept shouting their bad advice.  
Though the whole house began to tremble and you felt the tug at your ankles.
"Mend my life" each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do though the wind pried with its stiff fingers at the foundations.  
Though their melancholy was terrible it was already late enough, and a wild night and the road full of branches and stones.
But little by little as you left their voices behind stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own, which kept you company as you strode deeper and deeper into the world determined to do the only thing you could do.
Determined to save the only life you could save.

Mary Oliver.

IP Logged

Ginee
Share Bear

Wisdom is nothing more
than healed pain

Louisiana
Re: The Journey
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2005 at 8:08am

Thanks Kaye,
I should print this and read it every morning. It's so true.  I must remeber that there is a purpose for this in finding my own voice. It sounds like such a little thing but it's everything.
Hugs,,
ginee

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you go. ~Dr. Seuss

IP Logged

Mandi
Super Bear

Texas
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2005 at 4:24pm

Thanks for sharing Kaye!

I hope you are doing OK!!!  I have enjoyed seeing you around here!! 

Big hugs,
Mandi Grin

At some point, you have to make a decision.Boundaries don't keep other people out.They fence you in.Life is messy.That's how we're made.So,you can waste your lives drawing lines.Or you can live your l

IP Logged

Kaye
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2005 at 11:46pm

Dear Ginee & Mandi,

It is nice to be around again, even if my visits are erratic.  Ginee, I should do up a print friendly version for you...it looks pretty basic typed out in this manner!!  It's bad enough to have had our innocence taken.  The ongoing message from our families is usually that not only are we bad but we will only be partially accepted if we look after them & protect the family secrets.   I used to live everyday as my last because I wanted it to be.  I found my voice & now I want to live.   I'm off to hypno today so I'll be back on to let you all know what happened.  My session last week brought the nightmares back in full force.

Love Kaye.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage