Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Irish Blessing (Read 2954 times)
Chantell
Care Bear

Missouri
Irish Blessing
Mar 12th, 2005 at 1:45am

St. Patrick's day is right around the corner, so thought this would be nice to share with everyone...

~An Irish Blessing~
"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand!"

He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
WWW chntelylace25 cabezarojo79  
IP Logged

Lynn
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

tx
Re: Irish Blessing
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2005 at 9:06pm

Thanks for the blessing Chantell, I am Irish and will be celebrating my 6th wedding anniversary on St. Patricks Day. It truely is my favorite holiday after Easter.
Lynn

Whoever causes one of these LITTLE ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung from his neck,and he were drowned in the depths of the sea. MATT 18:6 Lynn
Lynn Lynn  
IP Logged

revenna
Super Bear

Kansas
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2005 at 3:11pm

Chantell,

Thanks for the Irish blessing!  When I researched my family's history, I found that I had several Irish ancestors.  I'm glad we have a day to celebrate our Irish roots!

Happy Anniversary, Lynn!  I can see why St. Patrick's Day is so special to you!  Hope you and your husband have many more wonderful years together.

Revenna

IP Logged

Chantell
Care Bear

Missouri
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 1:26pm

I love St. Patty's day... probably becuz of the Irish in me too. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary Lynn!

Chantell

He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
WWW chntelylace25 cabezarojo79  
IP Logged

Hope
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 2:15pm

Chantell,

My grandfather used to say this blessing to me.  He died when I was very young.  Thank you for sharing this, for me it was like a big bear hug from the past (a good one for a change!)  Wink

Hope

"all who wander are not lost. . ."&&&&don't know who said it, but i like it.

IP Logged

Ginee
Share Bear

Wisdom is nothing more
than healed pain

Louisiana
Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2005 at 12:27am

I got choked up as I read this! My godfather was very special to me ~ I was much closer to him than I was to my own grandfather.  He was a Catholic priest and the most sincere, loving person I think I have ever known.  He was sort of the black sheep of Catholic priests and had a soft spot for the "undesirables" of the world.  He spent his last of many years with the church working with recovering addicts at a retreat in Illinois.  I have struggled my whole life with Christianity but never truly doubted that there was a God because I knew he couldn't be wrong.  He had several science degrees in things like nuclear science and biology but he was very adamant about the power of faith.  Also that God was loving and forgiving ~ a far cry from the vengeful picture of God I was taught at a young age.  Anyway, he passed away suddenly last year with cancer and his family printed cards up to hand out at his funeral with his picture on one side and this Irish blessing on the other because he was pure Irish and was very passionate about his heritage. I smile and tear up every time I read this now! Smiley

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own and you know what you know. And you are the one who'll decide where you go. ~Dr. Seuss

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage