Bearing Through It

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member of my family... (Read 3489 times)
Robin033
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

Wisconsin
New member of my family...
Mar 8th, 2004 at 8:24am

My daughter and I are animal lovers and we have a few pets.  My daughter has a fish named Mystic that she keeps in her room and we have two cockateils (named Angel and Spirit) a cat (named Fuzzybear) a dog (named Sassy) and now we have a new member in our family.  Our newest member is another bird (named Sammy).  Sammy is only 13 weeks old and he is a Congo African Grey.  I have wanted an African Grey for several years and I finally got one!  I'm sooo excited about getting him and I can't believe how loveable and affectionate he is.  He's obviously still a baby at 13 weeks and he loves to have the back of his head scratched as he lays on my chest and snuggles his head up against my neck.  He's also a comedian....he likes to give kisses and after giving a kiss he says "woohoo"...LOL  He's also already learning to talk, right now he says "hi" and "hello" other than his whistling.  Anyone who is looking for a bird for a pet, I would recommend getting an African Grey.  They can be a little expensive to buy, but trust me, they are well worth the money.  They make very good companions.

I'm really excited about having Sammy and wanted to share him with you.  He definately helps sooth my soul and makes me smile alot, and sometimes he even makes me laugh.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Hugs to you all,
Robin

IP Logged

Kaye
Ex Member

Re: New member of my family...
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 9:13am

Dear Robin,

Thanks for sharing.  Sammy can give you more of the affection you deserve & some of what we'd all love to give you in person.

We don't have a pet but are surrounded by animals/pets on the property.  One day we will get a black or golden labrador for Campbell.

Love from Kaye. xo

IP Logged

Cheryl
Share Bear

Buckle up and Hang on!

Massachusetts
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 10:06am

Robin,

You got your bird!!  How cool is that.

I know you have been wanting one, thanks for letting us know you got one.

Cheryl

IP Logged

tinygirlchild
Share Bear

I Corinthians 13

florida
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 8:12pm

what a great menagerie you have!  i'd love to have a bird, myself, but i'm afraid the 3 cats (scaramouche, steve, and ki) would eat it happily!

i've been so tempted to get a dog, but in a small apartment and working so many hours, it isn't a really good idea right now. perhaps someday, when i have a house with a fenced yard . . .

enjoy sammy.  it sounds like he'll bring you many hours of joy!

ticia

Work like you don't need the money. &&Love like you've never been hurt. &&Dance like nobody's watching. &&Sing like nobody's listening. &&Live like it's Heaven on Earth. &&&&Anonymous&&
stardancer383  
IP Logged

ginabella
Share Bear

Trying to love myself!

Hackettstown, NJ
Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2004 at 11:25am

Congradulations on your new "baby"!!
I'm so glad I'm not the only animal lover out there.  I seriously consider my pets as my children.

Good luck with Sammy!

-ginabella

With the time, comes the answer;&&With the knowledge comes the end.&&With the conclusion comes the sanity;&&Just a little bit too late.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage