Mystic River (Read 3835 times)
Cheryl
Share Bear

Buckle up and Hang on!

Massachusetts
Mystic River
Feb 29th, 2004 at 6:08pm

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this post should go under this topic (general issues). 

I went to the movies Friday night and I saw Mystic River.  If you haven't seen this movie, I suggest you don't, but that's just my personal opinion. 

It was about sexual abuse involving a young kid and then what happened to him when he became a man.  It was upsetting to me but I didn't realize how much.

Saturday morning at my sons basketball game I was sitting in the bleachers watching the boys play (approximately 9, 10 and 11 year olds) and I started crying.  I was just sitting there crying.  The only thing that kept going through my head was I wondered how many of the boys have been abused.

Another movie I was told that I shouldn't see was the Butterfly Effect.  A friend of mine who was abused as a boy saw it and told me I shouldn't go.

So that's my look at the movies. 

~ Cheryl

IP Logged

lily
Care Bear

please be patient with
me...God isn't finished
yet

MI
Re: Mystic River
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2004 at 11:42am

Cheryl,

Thanks so much for posting that.  I was going to see Butterfly Effect.  Now, I will avoid it.  Part of my healing is not puting my hand on the hot burner like I have done so many times in the past.  So, thank your friend and thank you.

Lily

&&

IP Logged

Robin033
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2004 at 7:00pm

Cheryl,

Thanks for sharing this, I was talking to my husband about maybe seeing Mystic River.  Now, I don't think I want to.  So thanks for the warning.  Smiley  I hope you are doing better now.

Hugs to you,
Robin

IP Logged

ginabella
Share Bear

Trying to love myself!

Hackettstown, NJ
Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2004 at 9:27pm

Cheryl,
Thanks so much for the info.  Sean told me that I probably shouldn't see the movie because it dealt with sexual abuse....but I thought I'd see it anyway cuz sometimes he overreacts.  But now that you mentioned it, I will definently NOT go see it.

ps. How is Bruster Malone doing?  My pup is in "time out" for chasing a little boy down the street. (the poor kid was so scared!)

With the time, comes the answer;&&With the knowledge comes the end.&&With the conclusion comes the sanity;&&Just a little bit too late.

IP Logged

Cheryl
Share Bear

Buckle up and Hang on!

Massachusetts
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2004 at 10:13am

Ginabella,

Tell your pup Brewster said . . . . Naughty Naughty Naughty Smiley

My boy is doing well except he is in trouble too because he chewed the brand new weather stripping off of our brand new door this past week.  My hubby wasn't too happy about it.

~ Cheryl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage