new member, My Story (Read 2446 times)
kjoy
Share Bear

Do only that which honors
the soul.

kentucky
new member, My Story
Nov 11th, 2003 at 12:53pm

The one word that always lives in my mind about my life is "Secrets" It seems I have lived my entire life with keeping secrets.. My first memories of being molested are of my dads hands and lips.. Nothing more.. just hands and lips. And there is the family "rule" What goes on in this house, remains in this house. Family business is nobody elses business. The man who sold vacuum cleaners was caught molesting me when I was six, and instead of sitting me down and explaining what he did was wrong, I just got to hear parts of conversations about how they would like to cut his thingy off etc. I talked to the police which was scary but nothing ever explained to me. As I was used to being touched I didn't understand what he did wrong and because he said he loved me .. I thought it was bad to love me and you would go to jail for it. So I made sure that I never again told when someone "loved" me. I must have had a sign on me that said Please love me, because all through my childhood and teen years I was molested by many men. My older brother raped me when I was eight, neighbor men, men from my church, all seemed willing to give me this love. It wasn't until after my first divorce that I learned that I equated sex with love. I had a boyfriend that was getting frustrated that I was constantly demanding sex from him and he told me to go home and write him a letter explaining why I felt I had to have sex all the time.. It came out in that letter that I felt if we didn't, than he wouldn't love me. Wow was that an eye opener! It didn't change my behaviour but at least now I understood why I was the way I was... In my second marriage the man I married was a perfect person unless it was in the bedroom. Again, I kept secrets.... No one ever knew that the only way he could be satisfied was by making me cry. No one knew that. After about seven years of marriage I had a nervous breakdown and I had a friend that sent me a ticket to visit and I went to another state, and never went home. Everyone thought I was horrible to leave this "perfect" man. I spent six months triggering and couldn't work or do anything but cry and my friend stood by me and helped me through it all.. I love her to death and always will for what she did for me, but once again I am living with secrets.. She is my friend and my lover, but I can never "tell" I am so tired of secrets... Well that is my life pretty much . Sorry I took so long to tell it. Thanks for welcoming me here.. Take care. Kathy

KrafTcat59@aol.com  
IP Logged

ginabella
Share Bear

Trying to love myself!

Hackettstown, NJ
Re: new member, My Story
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2003 at 1:05am

Hello kjoy and welcome Cheesy
I think you'll find this site very helpful.  I've come here not long ago and already found a new family.  This place has been a wealth of support in my darkest times.  Everyone I have heard from has been nothing but kind and caring...and offering advice when needed.
So, good luck in your healing.  I understand your "secrets"  and the pain that they inflict when we keep them in.  This is a very safe place to let them out.  I don't think anyone here will judge you.
Much love and luck
-ginabella

With the time, comes the answer;&&With the knowledge comes the end.&&With the conclusion comes the sanity;&&Just a little bit too late.

IP Logged

kjoy
Share Bear

Do only that which honors
the soul.

kentucky
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2003 at 1:25pm

Thank you Ginabella for your words of support and welcome.

Kathy

KrafTcat59@aol.com  
IP Logged

warrior_redbird
Care Bear

Deep inside this armour,
the warrior is a child..

Dallas, Texas
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2003 at 12:54am

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing part of yourself with us. I can relate to things you said because I too have kept secrets for so long. I have learned it is our secrets that keep us sick, and therefore am st  ruggling to let them out slowly, one by one....
I hope you will begin to feel safe here with us and learn to trust a bit here and this is where you can unleash those demons and begin to experience freedom....

warrior_redbird  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage