Send Topic Print
My Story (Read 1854 times)
babygyrl18
Baby Bear

Bearing through it!

Florida
My Story
Mar 21st, 2003 at 8:43am

It all started when I was 16 years old the week of July 4th 2001.  My cousin and me talked everyday well on one night it was about 10:30 p.m and he asked me how I felt about him.  I had no clue what he meant so I said how much I cared about him as a cousin and he said no not that way.  He told me that he had feelings for me as more than a cousin and that just blew me away cause I felt the same way I guess.  So I told him how I felt and my step-dad done said we acted like we were goin out because we were always on the phone with each other.  Well July 9th his dad(my uncle) and his step-mom said somethin to him that made him really angry and he went back to his mom and step-dad's house. The next day he called me and told me he was goin to run away and I didnt want him to run away. So my mom, my brother and me went over to his house.  He asked my mom to take him to his dad's house and he punched the wall because of how much he cared about me.  Almost two years has past and we have both tried to move on.  Our great grandmother died Sunday nite at 11:45 p.m and the whole family had his little 7 year old sister spying on us.  Well Wednesday was the funeral and at the reception before he left I told him that my feelings were still there for him and he admitted to me that his feelings for me were still there.  I mean we didnt meet til we were 13 so basically in our eyes we are just friends because we didnt know about the other one til we were 13.  If anyone has any advice on what we could do please respond back to me with help. I am very embrassed about this  Embarrassed.  I dont want to hurt the family but I love him and I care about him a whole lot.

Princess031819  
IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Re: My Story
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2003 at 10:32pm

Hi,

I am sorry to see that you are under distress regarding the relationship you have with your cousin. I honestly don't have much opinion/thought on the subject. I don't know if you realize you are at a board for abuse survivors? Just want to make sure you weren't unaware of that.

I would like to say that at your age you are still fairly young and that to have friends is a good thing, but to proceed into relationships could prove detrimental later on in your life. I personally don't have many strong views on relationships with someone who is related to you...haven't really thought about it much.

I hope that you will come to find your answers. And, don't be embarrassed (not that I want to discount your feelings). I have heard of others who have experienced what you are experiencing...so you are definitely not alone in your struggle. Just remember that you have a lot of time ahead of you and right now you don't need to make any serious decisions but should rather focus on continued friendship.

Ty

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage