A Little Update (Read 3300 times)
Robin033
Share Bear

Bearing through it!

Wisconsin
A Little Update
Mar 12th, 2003 at 4:32pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a little update on me. My life has been a little brighter the last couple of days. Thanks to my daughter, and the caring support and couraging words that I had recieved here and a couple in real life too. You have all made me realize that when I'm getting lost in this journey, that you are all definately here for me when I need you the most.  I think sometimes we forget that we DO have loving and caring people around us during our low times, especially when we are use to fighting our battles and feeling alone all of our lives. 

On Sunday, I took the day and took my daughter shopping.  We went alone, kinda like a girls day out.... Wink  We both had sooo much fun and really enjoyed ourselves.  She had me laughing pretty much the whole time.  Especially when she went to try on some new clothes and used the MENS dressing room without realizing it.....lol  She made me realize how precious life REALLY is.  I know as parents we are suppose to be the one teaching our children, but they can also teach us so many thing about life.  She brings me so much joy. I thought alot, that day, about all the termoil and the pain I've been going through the past week or so.  And I told myself, as I was laughing with my daughter, now THIS is worth living for.  I feel that I don't know what I would do without her, but yet I think, what would SHE do without ME??? 

Sooo, I've been trying my best to look at the brighter things in life.  All the joys that I DO have in my life that I take for granted without even realizing it.  And my most joys in my life are my husband, my kids and of course all of you here.  And I wanted to thank you all for being here and for giving me the privilage of having you all a part of my life.

Safe Love and Hugs,
Traveling together,
Robin

IP Logged

Cheryl
Share Bear

Buckle up and Hang on!

Massachusetts
Re: A Little Update
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 5:26pm

(((Robin))),

Sounds like you and Meghan had a wonderful time!  I'm so happy for you guys, getting to spend time together is a wonderful thing.

And you are right...we teach them things but they teach us as well..They help us when we are down and they always have a way of cheering us up!  (Even if its because they walk into the men's room).

Tell the horsewhisperer I said hello (from the pilgrim)!  Her birthday is only 12 days away!

Love and hugs to you my sweet friend!

Cheryl

IP Logged

Matanah
Care Bear

If not for my sense of
humor, I wouldn't be
here.

Canada
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2003 at 6:25pm

I feel genuine joy for you Robin. I'm so glad you've had the opportunity to experience a couple of days of pleasure with your daughter Meghan. The loving , nurturing relationship you appear to share with her is certainly something to hold close to your heart, and to be so, so proud of. Remind yourself of this when you're feeling your worst....YOU broke the cycle of abuse!!! The story between you and your daughter could have turned out VERY differently if you did not have the awareness, intelligence, compassion and courage that you do. So many abused children go on to abuse their own children, but you had/have what it takes to end it with you. Do you have any idea how much that's worth? What that says about you as a person?.... There are no words Robin, no words...The next time you feel like giving it all up, remember what you've been able to accomplish, against ALL ODDS!!, and what you can and will go on to accomplish, when you're ready, When You're Ready!!! We all need breaks from the difficult and demanding work of healing. And it's our right to take those breaks whenever we feel we need them, no matter what any one else says/thinks. You've earned the right to take the breaks you need whenever you need them Robin. You're doing just fine. Your daughter will grow up being proud having you as her mother, and your husband to have you as his partner.

Love and hugs,
journeying sister and friend....
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2003 at 3:25am by Matanah »  

In Loving Light,&&Matanah

IP Logged

Ty
Protector Bear

Eastern Oregon
Robin, you are very wise...
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2003 at 9:08am

A very popular person in the world of parenting and marriage advice says this:
Become your child's student.

We learn more about our children when they are actually teach us. You fell upon that the other day, and know that this is not a bad way to be Smiley It is actually a good thing! Children have a lot to teach us, if only we would be willing to watch and listen.

I am glad that you have been having some 'joy' in your life. I know that it is so easy to get lost in the world and wonder where you fit in. Sometimes we even get lost in ourselves. To have the ability to see the things that are shouting out at you "
[color=Yellow][color=Blue]
YOU ARE SPECIAL
[/color][/color]!,", well...it is a very wonderful thing!

Good to hear from you. Keep on looking at the bright side and remember those 'shining moments' when things get dark. They are always there, we just aren't always able to see them.

Much Love,

Terra

Bloom where you are planted.
IP Logged

ARN
Share Bear

Plant in the garden of
your Soul the rose of
Love

NETHERLANDS
Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2003 at 2:31pm

Dear Robin,

There is so much happieness when you talk about your daughter.....It did put a smile on my face.... and I was in need for a smile...thanks
I am happy for you to here all this good things of your live, and so to get all the bad more to the background.... Smiley   keep on travelling as you do....

With Love & Respect.... ARN

Fellow Travelor on the Inner Voyage of Healing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Bearing Through It HomePage